Monday, August 29, 2011

Life's most persistent and urgent question is, "What are you doing for others?" --Martin Luther King Jr. 


It is amazing how absorbed into my own life I get sometimes. I am busy working, spending time with my husband, pursuing my own interests, learning new things, making sure the laundry gets done, etc. Sometimes it is easy in the hustle and bustle of the day to remember to live my life for others. Sure it sounds like a noble idea, but how difficult it would be to  purpose every day to live as a servant, yet that is what God calls for us to be. 
I always like the acronym that uses my name to help put priorities in order: Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last. May we all work a little harder at putting that into action this week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!