Friday, September 23, 2011

Baby Blanket

A friend of mine is having a baby girl! Her shower is this weekend back in my home state, and sadly I will not be able to be there. I am bummed about this as I am (and always have been) a bit baby crazy and just LOVE baby showers. 

About a month ago I started crocheting a baby blanket. I love to crochet, as it is so relaxing. I started making baby blankets about a year or so ago for friends and family. Now I feel like every baby needs a baby blanket by me! 

The funnest part about making this blanket was that my friend knows she is having a girl. I have been making gender neutral blankets for a while now so this was particularly exciting. We only have little boys in my family now (who I love immensely!) so I am a little obsessed with the idea of a baby girl! So the blanket I made is pink and purple with a scalloped edge.

 I'm a little bummed I won't be able to see her open the gift at the shower, but oh well. It just feels nice to be a part of a beautiful new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!