Monday, September 5, 2011

Craigslist Finds

I just love our new apartment. It is so much roomier and homier than our old one.

When we moved here, I asked my husband if we could buy some new bookshelves. We had boxes of books just sitting in the closet that I was yearning to unpack. I also asked if we could get a little patio set for our deck. I could not wait to sit and eat dinners outside with my husband, or sip a cup of tea in the morning while watching the sun rise. My husband said we might be able to get those items if we could find a good deal. 

So I started looking at my local Craigslist to find what I wanted. I ended up finding a great little patio set for a good price. When I went to pick it up, the woman showed me her  garage, which was full of furniture she was trying to sell due to combining households. 

That day we bought our new patio set
 And TWO antique wood bookshelves
AND just when we thought we had hit the jackpot, I saw this in the corner
 A beautiful cedar chest in perfect condition. How amazing is that?! My wonderful husband knew he couldn't make me leave such an great find behind. We settled on the bargain price of $200 for everything.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful! What great finds!

    God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what beautiful furniture! And what an great price. Craigslist is awesome. Thanks for sharing! :D

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!