Monday, September 19, 2011

Quote of the Week

"Our Lord has written the promise of ressurection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." --Martin Luther

As summer is coming to a close and I begin to see the first glimmers of fall, I sometimes become a little sad. I love being able to go outside without a jacket and take a walk whenever I please. The idea of enduring a harsh winter is enough to bring this sadness over me when I see the weather start to turn cold and the leaves start to turn.

This quote not only reminds me that spring will come again,  it also reminds me of the opportunity I have been given to be reborn in Christ. Thank the Lord for that incredible gift! God is good, and may I begin to look at autumn with the symbolism of this verse, seeing it as a sign of something to be resurrected just as Jesus was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!