Friday, September 2, 2011

A Taste of Summer

Yesterday was the first day of September and I couldn't help but think about the end of summer. Fall is on its way, and before long I won't be able to go outside without a jacket. Particularly depressing for me as I like to go on small walks during my lunch hour. 
Of course, with yesterday's temperatures in the 90s, no one would have noticed that summer it on its way out. So to celebrate the last days of this time of year, here is one of my favorite summer treats. On nights when my husband and I are just sooooo tired, we resort to this simple meal for dinner. Simplicity doesn't do it justice, however, because it is delicious.
Just make a few pieces of toast. Spread a little mayonnaise on the toast and put slices of tomato on top. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and VOILA! 
No worries if you are not a tomato fan. My husband and I are not big on them, and I don't even like mayonnaise much, but for some reason they taste amazing when eaten this way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!