Monday, October 10, 2011

Courageous

My husband and I went yesterday to see the movie Courageous. First of all, I was very excited to see the movie, especially since I was seeing it for $4 per ticket due to my awesome Groupon find! (If you don't know Groupon.com, take a look at it!).

This is the newest movie from the Christian movie producers Sherwood Pictures, who produced the movie Firproof. Courageous is about Christian fatherhood and a few policemen's journey toward being the fathers the Bible instructs them to be.

Let me just say.... I cried. I cried. Then I cried again. By the end of this movie I had such a sinus headache (which I get every time I cry this much) that I was miserable. However, the sinus heachache was very worth it. This movie was so incredible. The message was one I wish every person on this Earth could hear. It talks about the importance of a father not just being present in the life of his children, but being the man who takes responsibility for his children's morals, relationships with God, and character.

There were two things about this movie I was not so happy about. One was that the acting was not very good. There were a few instances where I thought "this person could use a few more acting classes". The other thing was this movie was very long, at about 2 hours and 10 minutes. There was so much plot and the movie went so many places (mind you, I loved all of the plot), I felt like the movie dragged a little too long. Those things aside, the movie was fantastic and well worth the time invested in it.

Please take the time to go see this movie, as it has such a great message and really inspired me. And don't make my mistake and leave your tissues at home! I promise you will cry.... unless you are my husband.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to go see Courageous! It truly doeas have an awesome message for fathers, and other points to be made for all age groups. I saw it my second time last night, and cried just as much as I did the first... :D

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!