Friday, October 7, 2011

Fruit Salsa

One of my very favorite foods is Fruit Salsa. Unfortunately, I tend to only make this when we have company coming over (like today!). I found a recipe for this online a while back and modified it a bit until it was just right. 

 Here's what you'll need:
2-3 Fuji apples 
6 oz. raspberries
1 lb strawberries
2 kiwis
3 tablespoons orange marmalade 
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon white sugar
a touch of lemon juice

Only use Fuji apples because they do not brown very much. If the apples are very small, use 3, otherwise use 2. Wash everything. Peel and chop the kiwis and strawberries and put into a bowl together. Next cut the raspberries into quarters and add to the bowl. Put the apples in last (to make sure there is no brown-action). Peel, core, and chop them and add to the bowl. Now pour a little lemon juice on all of it and mix to ensure everything stays fresh.

Next add 3 tablespoons of orange marmalade (I use St. Dalfour Ginger and Orange Marmalade) and stir everything together until the marmalade has coated everything. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle into the bowl while mixing to make sure everything gets coated. 

That's it! It's finished! I like to serve it with Trader Joe's cinnamon and sugar pita chips. If you can't find those, use plain pita chips. Enjoy:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love fruit salsa! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I like the idea of orange marmalade. Soundds wonderful. I'll have to try it very soon. :D

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!