Friday, May 24, 2013

Elderly Christian florist files countersuit over refusing to participate in gay 'wedding'

I love to read news stories, and THIS particular story made me so sad. It is about an elderly florist in Washington state who has been sued (multiple times it seems) by the State of Washington for refusing to provide flowers for a gay wedding. Take a look at the article, as it is a great reminder that if we don't stand up for our beliefs, no one else will do it for us. Would you stand firm for your beliefs, even against government and media pressure?

My favorite quote from the article was posted by the florist's lawyer:
“In America, the government is supposed to protect freedom, not use its intolerance for certain viewpoints to intimidate citizens into acting contrary to their faith convictions."

Well said! If you have questions about what my beliefs about gay marriage, please feel free to hop over to THIS post

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!