Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall!

I was hesitant to be excited about Fall coming since I wasn't sure if I was ready to let go of Summer. But Monday was the first official day of Fall, and I am actually feeling pretty good about it. I am really feeling in the spirit of things right now.

A weeks ago my husband and I went apple picking. I thought the "big bag" would be the right size for us, since it was just a regular size plastic grocery bag. But I was wrong! We got more apples than we knew what to do with. I am still trying to get rid of all of them.

So I decided to make apple butter in my slow cooker and it ended up turning out great. It was only after I made all this apple butter that I realized I have no idea what to do with it! So I've begun to just eat it with cut up apple slices. It's the perfect way to get rid of both apples and all that apple butter.

Our CSA just began deliveries for the Fall season. If you haven't looked into a CSA, I highly recommend it! Essentially you pay for a share of a farm's harvest, and every week or so you get a portion of their yield. I definitely felt like it was Fall when this delivery came:
Pumpkins, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, blue potatoes (!), and even two spaghetti squash there at the bottom. YUM! I have never made spaghetti squash but have been meaning to for some time. Many people use it as a healthy substitute for noodles, and I was anxious to see if it actually tastes good.
 So I roasted the spaghetti squash and was surprised at how much it looks like regular noodles. I decided to make a Mediterranean pasta recipe I found and both my husband and I really liked the results
Although the spaghetti squash has a crispy texture to it, I really enjoyed it and even tricked myself into thinking it wasn't a vegetable for a while there. Definitely a winner! And definitely making me more excited to try more Fall recipes!

Another great thing about Fall? It is finally getting cool enough that cuddling sounds so nice. I'm excited to cuddle up in cozy clothes on the couch and read a book with my husband. 

What are you looking forward to this time of the year? To get inspired you can visit my Fall board on Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!