My husband and I have been tossing around ideas for our next step in life. While we have enjoyed our life where we are for the last few years, we only moved here for my husband's job (beggars couldn't be choosers during a recession!). However, with several years of experience under his belt, and the wish for a weekend off now and again, we have been seriously considering a move. We are looking for our forever place and know that where we are now isn't quite right for us. First of all, it is VERY liberal, and the limited number of churches has made finding a church home very difficult (we are currently "settled" in a church, but have not committed to become members).
So now we have this super daunting task of deciding "what next?".
Here is what we are looking for:
1) A conservative town
2) Size doesn't matter, but it needs to have manufacturing companies for my engineer husband to find a job
3) A conservative non-denominational or Baptist church presence
4) Character! I love a cute towns, such as those with pretty downtowns, zoos, libraries, old buildings, stone hedges, cafes, hole-in-the-wall restaurants, parks, and the well-cared-for feeling
5) Affordable. I would like to be able to afford a place with a roof.
6) Preferrably in the mid-west. While we have tossed around other regions, we just really think it is important to be close enough to our families to pop over for a weekend visit without buying a plane ticket. That said, we are open to considering all options.
So, this is where you come in! I would LOVE to get your input! Where do you think my husband and I should think about moving? Have you read about/traveled to/lived in a place which would meet some of our requirements? How do you think we should go about finding a new place to live?
All comments and suggestions would be appreciated!