Saturday, September 17, 2016

Twin Pregnancy Update: 35 Weeks

 
How far along? 35 weeks
Baby Size: We had an ultrasound today and Baby A is about 6 pounds and Baby B is about 5 pounds 7 ounces, which is just about right.
  Total weight gain: 49lbs (!!!). I've seen a big jump recently as I've started swelling a bit
 Maternity clothes? Love this cozy maternity shirt from Pink Blush. I'm sadly outgrowing a lot of the maternity shirts I own
Stretch Marks? I am seeing my first signs of them as of the last week, which honestly, I'd be surprised if I didn't get any with this pregnancy.
Sleep: Pretty decent. Better than when I was pregnant with Victoria
Best moment this week: Our 35 week ultrasound today. It was great news all around!
Miss Anything? Working out
Movement: Both babies are head down and squirm around a lot. It is quite interesting to see so much movement in opposite directions! 
My movement has slowed down big time as of this week. I am very achy all the time, so I have to be very careful about what I spend my energy on.  
Food cravings: Sugar. The bad kind ;)
Gender Prediction: We found out at 20 weeks that we have 2 girls on the way!
Symptoms: Swelling all over, but mostly my feet and legs. Achy back, lower belly, and hips. Vericose veins and a couple small stretch marks showed up recently as well (Oh Joy!).
Labor Signs: Very little, honestly. I have a braxton hicks contraction or two now and then, but not very often.
Mood: Happy! And content! And feeling ready to conquer this whole twin thing!
Looking forward to: Meeting these babies! I am thankful that pregnancy takes as long as it does, because I've needed all this time to wrap my head around 2 babies, but I am actually feeling really good about it now. I am feeling comfortable with our birth plan and the idea of breastfeeding twins. I don't remember feeling this comfortable with my first pregnancy, so this must be a benefit of a 2nd pregnancy.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all went well at your latest ultrasound, you are looking so well. Not too much longer now and they'll be in your arms, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! So glad to read that everything is going so well still! That is so awesome that you're now at 35 weeks and the babies are so big. Whoo hoo!

    p.s. Tunic style maternity shirts are really nice towards the end. They were the only shirts I could find to fully cover my belly the last several weeks in my last pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that you are already that far! you look lovely! this is going to be so exciting. I can't wait to read all your future posts on having 3 little ones. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!