Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Oh, hi there

Oh, hi there. 

Remember me? 

It has been over a year and a half since I posted here, and honestly, it seems a little weird to jump back in where I left off. 

First, let me explain my absence a bit. I found several posts on the internet detailing things about my children I was uncomfortable with. I should have known better than look around at what other sites were saying about mine, but I did, and I worried if I was oversharing about my children. 

On top of that, life had become so busy that I felt I needed to take a step away from things that were unnecessary. I’m glad I did, because this blog was the first of several things I had to let go in order to get a handle on this motherhood thing. 

Not that I’ve got it all figured out now, but I think I’ve gotten to a place where I am comfortable stepping forward again. 

I have always found it hard when I form a sort of attachment to someone and their family via their blog, and then they disappear. And that’s exactly what I have done! 

I am going to clean things up here and slowly start posting again, but let me give a quick update.

First of all, we are not in Japan. The Lord intervened in that and swung us in a different direction, and thank goodness he did because shortly after we found out there had been a change in plans, we found out that this little man would be joining our family. 



Meet Alexander. He was born in January and is just about the sweetest little boy you ever did see. After years of hormone imbalance and infertility, I was blessed with an “unplanned” baby! More on that later, but let’s just say, I’m highly attached to him. 

As for my girls, they are energetic, sweet, fun, a little crazy, and own an impressive dress-up stash (mostly gifted from doting aunts) 






I am looking forward to writing more and slowly getting this space updated into what I’ve been envisioning for a while. I had considered starting a new blog altogether, but honestly I feel a bit nostalgic about this space. I’ve been blogging here since I was a 24 year old newlywed. Now I am a 32 year old mother of 4. My views on many things have changed, as have my priorities and the minutia of my daily life, but that is the way things go. I’m a work in progress and God has moved in me and is preparing me for where I am and where I am going. 


So anyway, hello again! 

7 comments:

  1. Yay! You are back!! I was wondering if you were going to start blogging again, not that I can talk...I have totally neglected mine! :) Congrats on the baby boy! That is wonderful!! My hubby is Alexander so I am quite partial to that name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm so happy to see that you're back! I'd been wondering about you and praying that all was well! Congratulations on Alexander! He's a cutie! I can't believe how big the girls are getting either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Even though I've never met you I think of you occasionally and wonder how you are doing. Looking forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I for one am thrilled to see you back. You were such a delightful blogging friend. And, I so enjoyed that our children were similarly aged (and now we both have four! haha). It is so interesting to go back and read posts from various past seasons of life. Oh my, how different! I'm eager to hear your story of this current season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Thanks for the update. I’ve followed your blog for quite a while and would check in from time to time to see if you had updated. I was pleasantly surprised to see 2 new posts this morning! Congratulations on the birth of your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Amy! How good it is to hear from you again! You have been in my prayers over the past year. And congratulations on little Alexander! He's a cutie .And your girls are growing up so fast. How blessed you are. Can't wait to read more from you. Your blog has always been a favorite of mine.

    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you're back! I have wondered how you are doing, and am glad to see everything is well with you. Congrats on your new arrival!

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!