Saturday, July 30, 2011

An Easy, Yummy Recipe

I used to nanny for the woman who gave me this recipe. She was a very busy woman and never cooked. One day, she made these and I was shocked a) to see her cooking, and b) it tasted great! I ate so many of them, I had to ask for the recipe. This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever made, and it is also one of my husband's favorites. 

There are only 3 ingredients:
- 1 tube hot (spicy) sausage. (note: I do not like spicy food much, but this recipe requires spicy sausage. Don’t get the mild of even the medium one)
- 2 cups (1 small bag) fancy shredded cheese (I like milk cheddar or a cheddar blend)
- 3 cups bisquick. 
I like to use Heart Smart Bisquick, as it is a little healthier than the regular version

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and knead the ingredients together in a bowl. It will take a while to get it all mixed, and you may feel like there is way too much bisquick, but just keep mixing. It will come together!

All mixed up

 
After it looks like the picture above, start rolling it into balls about 1.5” in diameter. Then arrange the balls on a baking sheet. The balls will not grow much while baking so you can fit quite a few on the sheet. Bake them for 15-18 minutes, or until they start to brown.
All finished!

 
Now enjoy! I like to eat these warm or cold, for a meal or for a snack. This batch makes almost 40 balls, which my husband and I eat for a few days. Quick, easy, and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!