Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Quote of the Week

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Happy New Year to you all! This time of year, people are full of ideas, as the beginning of a new year brings with it the feeling of a clean slate. What will 2012 mean for me? What can I make this the year of? For some people, this year will be a year of exploring new hobbies, having new babies, losing a few extra pounds, etc.

I have never been one to make big, sweeping resolutions for the new year. But this morning I was reading Hebrews, and I came across the verse above. I began to think "what does it look like to earnestly seek God?". To be earnest is to be focused, sincere, and zealous. How often am I intently, zealously seeking God in my life? I think I, along with many people, tend to fit God into places where he is convenient.

I will be committing the above verse to heart to help me remember to seek God in every situation, no matter the clutter going on around me. I will also seek to earnestly seek him and follow his ways. This is my verse for 2012.

Happy 2012 everyone, and I pray you all earnestly seek the Lord this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!