Monday, May 7, 2012

Letting a little technology into my life

I try as hard as I can to keep technology at bay in my life. The reason? I love it, and it makes me lazy, so I try to avoid it. My husband and I do not watch tv, as we found it sucks up so much of our time and shows us a bunch of immoral stuff we probably shouldn't see anyway. The problem though, it that I love tv, especially discovery channel or BBC, and I would watch it all day long if I could..

For a while now I have been fighting getting a smart phone. I just didn't want to deal with yet another temptation trying to distract me from a productive life. I see so many people glued to their phones, I just don't want to end up like that.

Well, I finally gave in.
My new Nokia in its pretty purple case:)
 My work reimburses me for having a phone, and the reimbursement for a smart phone is more than for a regular phone. It turns out that it is a better idea economically to get the smart phone, because the reimbursement is $40 more every month and the cost is only $20 more every month.

So yes, I have given in. And I will say there are some wonderfully convenient things about this phone. I get to check the weather at the push of a button, I get to check todays groupons, send an email while I'm waiting at the grocery store, or check on my blog when I have a moment.

But as with everything, I am staying alert and not letting this go to my head. One of my sayings is that "no one on the phone is more important than the person sitting in front of you". Meaning, I try my best to concentrate on who I am with and ignore my phone. And so far, I think I'm doing a pretty good job:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!