Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bedroom Decorating: Mirror Revamping

I have spent the last year making our home into a nice place to be: sewing throw pillows, arranging knick-knacks, organizing, and trying to make everything feel homey. But in the end there is one room left undone: our bedroom.

Isn't that awful! I am ashamed that I've left the room which should be one of the most, if not THE most, important room in our home for last! This is supposed to be a room of beauty, destressing, and a place where my husband and I can just focus on each other.

So last weekend I started really putting some work into our bedroom. I will show the final result in the end, but for now I'll show you some of the new little projects I've done.

I bought this mirror at a resale shop for $2 recently

 Not the cutest in the world but I knew that it would be cute if I could paint the frame. My bedding set is greys and purples, so I wanted to paint this frame a nice silver. So off to the hardware store I went where I found a whole rack of clearance spray paint! (and we all know how excited I get when I get to save money!).

So I washed the frame and lightly sanded it. Then I taped some paper over the mirror part to protect it during the painting process.

Then I put down some newspaper and started spraying away.
I put 2 coats on the frame and am so happy with how it turned out. Now I have a nice fancy looking mirror hanging in just the perfect spot in our bedroom!
This entire project cost me less than $5 and 20 minutes of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!