Friday, July 27, 2012

Dropping in

I'm dropping by to write a quick post to express my utter exhaustion. My two wonderful nephews ages 6 and 8 are here for a visit. It is a such an exciting time. They arrived Wednesday night and my husband and I have them until Sunday.

It has been a very busy few days. Mostly what I've learned is that at just 25 years old, I cannot keep up with these kids. I am trying, believe me, I am. But every afternoon I find my eyes drooping for a nap while the kids are still jittery with barely suppressed energy. Even as I sit here writing this post I hear the light thud of running footsteps all over the place as they chase each other around with the bow and arrow sets we won from the arcade yesterday. My downstairs neighbors are probably going crazy with all the running they are probably hearing overhead. I keep thinking we're "wearing them out", but in fact it seems I'm just wearing myself out!


I'll post photos and tell some of the funny stories from this time together in a couple days. It's been so joyful, even if it is exhausting. My husband and I are both learning a major lesson in patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!