Sunday, June 8, 2014

Baby Update: 40 weeks


How far along? 40 weeks
Baby Size: Varies at this point. Midwife says baby feels quite average, so probably around 8lbs for their practice. Great to know as I was about 9.5lbs and my husband was over 10lbs!
  Total weight gain: 34 pounds
 Maternity clothes? Yep, and a few regular peasant skirts. I've been liking skirts and dresses right now, since everything else is starting to feel tight.
Stretch Marks? Surprisingly none yet
Sleep: Baby is using my bladder as a pillow, so I'm up a lot at night. But I am sleeping pretty decently besides that. Hoping to stay rested for the birth!
Best moment this week: Getting some prelabor signs as well as contractions. Also going to the zoo with my husband yesterday (we were hoping to get things moving with all the exercise, but ended up just having a nice day together).
Miss Anything? Regular energy levels
Movement: Baby is still head down and facing my right side. He/she is very gentle, and mostly just squirms around and pushes a foot out now and again. 
I am going for walks every day and trying to stay active taking care of the house.
Food cravings: I want it all, especially fruit and sweets
Gender Prediction: We will find out when baby arrives! Make sure you vote in the green box on the right side of this blog.
Symptoms: Aches and pains and pressure.
Labor Signs: I had about 12 hours of contractions this last Friday, but they stayed light and went away. Now I'm having spots of contractions here and there
Mood: Excited and very anxious to meet baby!
Looking forward to: At this point I'm excited to just go into real labor. I want to get things moving! Then I'm looking forward to meeting baby and finding out if we have a son or a daughter. 

See baby grow! (Click for larger view)


This will most likely be my last bi-weekly update, as I imagine baby will be here before we hit 42 weeks. So hopefully my next update will be introducing baby to you all!

If you have a moment, I would really appreciate your prayers for a safe and natural delivery for me and baby. And if you want to pray that said delivery happens SOON, I'd appreciate that too!

5 comments:

  1. I've read your blog for a while, but this is the first time I've posted - I am so excited for you & will be praying that all goes well! I can't wait to "meet" baby! :-)

    T.H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still look so good! I'll be praying for your safe delivery and a wonderful time bonding with the new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you! Can't wait to see pics of your sweet little baby (lord willing! ) soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im in the same shoes as well. Waiting!!!!! Nice blog btw..do check mine out bundleofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!