I am a motivated person and very much a "planner". Sometimes my husband thinks I take too many things on. I like to think that I am open to all possibilities. So many people go through life saying "Oh I wish I could do this" or "I wish I could travel here" or "you're so lucky, I wish I could have done that".
Nothing I have ever done in my life is because I am a special person. I have never had much money, I have never been exprodinarily smart. I just don't say no to an opportunity or thought or plan unless I exhaust all my options to make it happen. I believe this is one of my spiritual gifts, as I am usually one of the first that people come to for planning advise.
That said, I have a long list of goals for myself. Life is a gift and oh so short! I am a simple person, but I like trying new things and expanding my talents. So here is a list of my goals:
1) Become a mother. A great mother. We are working on it
2) Get better organized. I have finally started devoting time specifically to this and am getting a good system down. But there's still a long way to go!
3) Finish sewing my winter skirts. I love skirts and have begun to wear them pretty much every day. I am also very tall so most long winter skirts are not long enough. I bought some fabric which is sitting in a box waiting to be sewn into lovely winter skirts.
4) Get my spending down. I have a great free budgeting tool I use at budgetsimple.com. It is a free site with a very easy-to-use budgeting tool. I have been using it for a few months now and it has really helped us shrink our spending. However, there's alwasy room for improvement and I want to get this spending down as low as we can!
5) Learn to play piano. I have a full-size keyboard and can already read music, so I am using a teach-yourself book to learn to play.
6) Play my viola more. I have been playing the viola since I was 9 and I absolutely love the intrument. But it seems there's never enough time to do this.
7) Brush up my Finnish and Turkish language skills. I have learned both languages but they are getting rusty. Time to brush up!
8) Learn Polish. My husband's parents are from Poland and it is very important to my husband that our children learn Polish. This means I have yet another language to learn! We have Rosetta Stone, a great language learning software to help with this, so we will see.
9) Learn how to knit. I can crochet but this is another thing I'd like to learn.
10) Learn to quilt. I think every woman dreams of making a quilt one day.
11) Travel back to Brazil, Finland, and Turkey. I have lived in each of these places and wish so badly to visit them again and see my friends and host families. This plan, however, is not very condusive to getting out of debt.
12) Bring a friend to Christ. I have brought one person to Christ, and that is my husband. Jesus said to Go! And make deciples. I want to do that! I have so many people I know who need Christ in their lives, and I am praying for the right time and way to do this.
What about you? What are some of the goals and aspirations you have? I love to keep busy and do new things, so a list of goals is so exciting to me!