Monday, November 21, 2011

Quote of the Week

We can stand affliction better than we can prosperity, for in prosperity we forget God." --Dwight L. Moody

You may wonder how I choose my quote of the week. Usually I scan for a half-hour or so, looking for a quote that stands out to me at that time. Depending on what I'm going through, that quote will be different every week.

This quote speaks to me this week because I am struggling right now. It is not easy to work so hard and then live such a bare-bones life (like we are) to get out of debt. I understand the necessity, and I am happy to make the sacrifice most of the time, but right now I am feeling a little worn out. My job is taxing, and we have decided I will work until we have children. I feel like I'm running running running to make money, but then I never get to enjoy any of the fruits of my labor.

I may sound like a whiner, but that is my heart today. It is true that that I feel I need to rely more on God these days. When things are going great, it is difficult to remember why I need him. On days like this, where every hour seems like a struggle, I can feel him with me, and I call on him constantly. In that way I almost feel like the difficult times are a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. Great quote and how true! It's neat that you shared this one. Our pastor preached a sermon on this very subject last night. I pray the LORD uses this as a time for you to draw closer to HIS side. I know how many times HE has used the rough patches to bring me closer to HIM. It sounds as if HE is already drawing you right to HIM. :) Sending a hug your way! :D

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!