Sunday, November 20, 2011

Too Early....?

Probably, but I don't really care! I am so excited for Christmas this year. I am usually the woman who thinks it's ridiculous to start celebrating Christmas in November, and I usually don't buy a single gift until the second half of December.

Well, here I am. November and I not only have most of my gifts bought, but I also have begun my decorating! So exciting! We are trying to be as frugal as possible and stick to a strict budget in order to get out of debt, so I have asked friends and family to donate any unwanted Christmas decorations our way. The donations started pouring in and now I have the beginning of a great Christmas collection without spending any money (not to mention that many people were happy to dump their unwanted Christmas stuff on me!)
My favorite so far is the collection of vintage ornaments I was given. I love the vintage look and these days you pay quite a bit for vintage ornaments online. I got all of these for free!
So last night my husband and I decorated our very first tree together! It was so exciting because everything besides the lights and a few of the ornaments were donated by friends and family who love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!