Monday, November 28, 2011

Quote of the Week

A man ought to live so that everybody knows he is a Christian... and most of all, his family ought to know. --Dwight L. Moody

My 2nd D.L. Moody quote in a row, but I just thought this was very stricking, given that I just had a weekend with my family. My whole immediate family knows I am a Christian, and they are also Christians themselves. However, we had a very interesting moment this weekend when an extended family member told me she has been a Christian since 1988. She said she has worked hard over the years to reflect her walk with Christ in her life. Interestingly, I never knew she was a Christian until now. Maybe I just didn't pay attention, but I never saw it before.

The way she said it was "I'm not sure about you, but I am a Christian."

I was a little surprised that it wasn't obvious I am a Christian. Perhaps it is just because she is a distant relative I don't see much, but it got me thinking.... it is sometimes much easier to reflect my faith to strangers than it is to reflect it family and friends I've known for a long time. Especially friends and family who maybe have memories of my not-so-Christian behavior in the past.

What about you? Have you ever had experiences like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!