Sunday, January 22, 2012

Baby Blankets Galore!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have quite a few babies arriving into my life in the next few months. In February I have 3 baby showers (2 of them for twins!). One of my little traditions is to crochet baby blankets for each baby that arrives. Well with this many babies, I'm in for some major hand cramps.

I learned a new pattern for my sister-in-laws twins. My new nieces or nephews! It looks like a basket weave. I am still working on it, but here is the start:
I will make this one with a cream colored edge for one of the twins, and another one with opposite coloring cream with a green edge) for the other twin.

But I still have a lot of work to do! I haven't even started the blankets for the other twins, or the single baby girl which is arriving soon.
Hopefully I'll post some great progress later this week.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love that pattern! And the color is so pretty. :D Have fun with all of those blankets! :)

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. That is some serious work! Luckily it's a beautiful season in your part of the world for curling up on the couch with crochet or knitting. I'm finding it annoying to have wool sitting in piles on my lap in the heat over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I barely crochet, but I love the knit basket weave. Basketweave in any fiber art form is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!