Monday, February 6, 2012

Quote of the Week


Religion today is not transforming people; rather it is being transformed by the people. It is not raising the moral level of society; it is descending to society's own level, and congratulating itself that it has scored a victory because society is smilingly accepting its surrender.   --A. W. Tozer

Amen! It is so easy to be self-righteous when I am alone looking into the mirror. But out in the world, it is difficult sometimes to be "the religious one". I'm sure many of you know what I mean. It is not a shameful feeling, but rather sometimes an uncomfortable one. Should I laugh at that super inappropriate joke that was just made (It was pretty funny after all)? Do I walk out of the room to show my displeasure? 

Nobody wants to be the one who is not accepted. We are social creatures and God made us this way. So it can be difficult to maintain a sense of independence from the sin around us, but also love the sinners. 


I believe it is very sad how wishy-washy this world has become as far as morality and common decency is concerned. And on top of that, Christians, who are to be the lights of the world, have become wishy-washy too. I pray all of you this week stand strong in your convictions and stand firm against sin, but remember to love the sinners around you. We can be the change we wish to see in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!