Monday, February 27, 2012

Quote of the Week

In a variation from how I usually do this, my quote of the week is posted above. I saw this last week and just knew I had to share it. It is such a simple thing to say, and one many Christians already know, but even David often asked in the Psalms "where are you God?" when things got tough. Even Jesus on the Cross asked "Father, why have you forsaken me?"

It is human nature: when things get tough, we start to doubt God's presence, and we wonder why he is allowing bad things to happen to us.

This weekend I heard a story from a family member about her going to the ER. She had a huge health scare and was worried she would lose her baby (she is pregnant). She was alone at the hospital, waiting for her husband to meet her from work. She started praying and asked "Lord, please allow me to feel your presence because I am so scared". Minutes later, an orderly wheeled her into a new room. He came around the chair, looked at her, and said "I just want you to know that the Lord is with you" and he walked out of the room.

It is amazing how God goes about giving us the comfort we need. He doesn't always prevent bad things from happening to us, but he is there to comfort us, provide guidance, and lend us his strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!