Monday, March 19, 2012

Quote of the Week

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that. --Martin Luther King Jr.

Being honest with oneself is not easy. I tend to be a judgemental person. How is that for honesty? I try to be kind and loving, but deep inside, I judge. "How can that woman dress like that?" "How can that man act like that?" "Those people are terrible parents, look at their kids running and screaming all over the place". Hopefully you aren't judging me too harshly for sharing my harsh thoughts.

It is something I truly struggle with. I tend to believe that my way of doing things is best, and that other people waste so much of their lives making stupid decisions. Again, JUDGEMENTAL!

I love quotes by MLK Jr. Few rememeber that before he was ever a human rights activist, he was a pastor and a strong Christian man. I love this quote. It reminds me, yet again, that I cannot change what is evil about this world by being judgemental. I cannot "fix" anything by being hurtful or thinking mean thoughts. Instead, I need to be loving and full of "light" to bring God's love to others. Because in the end, his graceous love is really the only thing that can fix this world.

1 comment:

  1. Love that quote...and so VERY true. Thank you for the great post and reminder.

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!