Monday, March 26, 2012

Quote of the Week

Christian: one who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbour.  - Ambrose Bierce
 
I'm going to be honest here.... I am judgmental. It is something that has been on my mind quite a bit lately, and something I have been praying about. God calls us over and over again in the Bible to leave judgement to him, and simply love others. But it is so difficult for me to see others, especially others who are close to me, do things which are against Biblical principles. 
Yesterday it all came back at me when we were sitting at church. I was a bit peeved with my husband and couldn't help but think "I hope he is listening to what the Pastor is saying today, because then he'll feel bad for what he did and he'll know that I was right". Isn't that just terrible? Me, a Christian, hoping in church that my husband will learn a lesson.... the underlying meaning there being that I have nothing to learn. 

As you can expect, God chose that moment to nudge my heart. What about you, Amy Joy? What about your own deeds? Maybe you should take a hard look at yourself before you judge others, especially your husband. 
 
It was so interesting, because for the rest of the time in church, I did just that. I applied everything I heard to myself, and wouldn't you know that by the time we got out to the car after church, I was ready to apologize to my husband. I am praying a lot that God helps me to keep the focus on myself, and uses me to help encourage others, not judge them for things they have done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!