Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Take the Challenge with me

I found "The PURSE-onality Challenge" recently and knew it is something I need to get involved in. The purpose is to spend 31 days (the month of May) replacing "baditude" with God's word and gratitude.

Essentially, it's 31 days without complaining. Complaining is described as complaining, criticizing, gossiping, and sarcasm. This week is the "warm-up" week, where you can visit this blog to read posts to repair your heart for the challenge. It is already day 4 of the warm-up, but all you have to do it go look at the blog above and read the warm-up posts.

If you are like me, you might be a little scared at the idea of 31 days without complaining. In fact, I didn't realize how much those 4 aspects of complaining are a part of my daily life. The point when I realized I truly need to do this challenge is when I thought "man, I'm not going to have anything to talk about!". Isn't that sad?

So join me if you can on this challenge and hopefully we will begin summer with less baditude and more gratitude.

Oh, and if you are wondering about the whole "purse" theme, this refers to the 4 classic temperaments. I took a test online to see which temperament I am, and I am predominantly Choleric, followed by Sanguine. The author of the challenge talks about each of these temperaments as if it is a different purse.

1 comment:

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!