Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Fun Weekend being Auntie

I just had such a nice weekend! My nephews (Ages 6 and 8) came to visit me and my husband for 5 days starting last Wednesday. I finally decided they were old enough to come and spend some time with us every summer to do fun stuff and enjoy each other's company. I have always wanted to be the aunt I never had, and I like to think I am accomplishing that.

So let me tell you about our busy, fun, memory-filled, and exhausting weekend

My husband taught the boys Stratego, which they actually loved.

My husband hit the 1000 ticket jackpot at the arcade

When the rain spoiled our outdoor plans, we took them to a pet store and played with the animals


Those tickets from the arcade got us a couple bow and arrow (the suction-cup kind) sets, which caused wars to break out around my house at random over the next few days

Watching the otter swim at the zoo

Learning about Noah at the Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY. If you haven't been, you should go! It was great

Enjoying the beautiful grounds around the Creation Museum

Creation Museum

Riding a camel

Playing with the goats at the petting zoo

Me and the husband

Should he throw him in the pond?

Listening to the frogs at the Creation Museum

Exhausted after a busy weekend
We did so much in just a few days. We went to the arcade, went go-carting, played with the animals at the pet store, went to the zoo, went to the movies, went to the Creation Museum, went out to eat at a bunch of fun restaurants, and spent lots of time playing games and running around outside. It was a great weekend and in the end the boys didn't want to go home! My husband and I, however, were very ready for a rest.

3 comments:

  1. Sure looks like you had a wonderful time....and you are going to be amazing parents.

    God bless,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time!! It looks like all involved had a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to commend you on the use of a booster. So many people nowadays stop using a booster far too soon. Your weekend sounds like fun and your nephews are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!