Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Yummiest Chicken Tacos

I went to dinner at a friend's house a few months ago and she made this for dinner. It is so incredibly good! I asked for the recipe and now my husband is constantly asking me to make it. I think it is the verde/green enchilada sauce that gives it such a great flavor.

This is how it looks before baking
Ingredients
2lbs Chicken (cooked and shredded, I use 2 forks to shred it)
12 oz frozen steamable rice (white or brown)
1 can black beans (drained)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shredded quesadilla cheese
1 can fire roasted tomatoes (salsa style or diced)
16 oz verde (green) enchilada sauce
 taco shells or tortillas

-Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. 
-Mix all ingredients together except taco shells in a big bowl. Spread it evenly into the baking dish
-Bake at 450 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes and spoon into taco shells or tortillas to eat. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds delightful. I will have to try it! I like your blog. It seems like such a happy little place. God Bless!

    Visit me at http://abundantjoy04.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've been eyeing this recipe for months now, and this week I finally had the ingredients on hand to make it. It is so good! Next time, I'm going to up the rice and beans and reduce the chicken and eliminate the cheese to save money. I bet it will be just as yummy! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!