Monday, August 27, 2012

Quote of the Week


"Men are never duly touched and impressed with a conviction of their insignificance until they have contrasted themselves with the majesty of God." ~ John Calvin

It has been a very interesting last few days as I have come to terms with where my life is going. It seems like there are so many things in limbo: Will I become a mother soon or not? Will I have a new job when I quit my current one or not? Will we have to adjust to one income? Will we be able to get out of debt without my income? What will our new life look like when we have to adjust to one income?

It’s all a little crazy in my head right now. But I was thinking this morning about how insignificant it all is in the scope of eternity. When we really stop and think about it, we are so truly insignificant in the scope of history, the universe, the world. It’s crazy then that God has chosen to know each of us individually and sacrifice so much for us individually.

When I start to get overwhelmed with life and the uncertainty, I try to remember how great my God is, and how insignificant most of my problems are. Sure, God cares for what is happening in my life and will help me through, but my problems are nothing compared to what many in this world face. And my problems are nothing in comparison to the majesty of the great and almighty God which I worship.

For whom then shall I fear? Or should I say, what then shall I fear?

1 comment:

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!