Thursday is a very positive day, I think. It's on the other side of mid-week when I start thinking about all the fun things I get to do this weekend (or maybe all the things I am finally going to get done this weekend!).
So I've decided to focus every Thursday on keeping positive. I know how it is to fall into sadness or pessimism when things aren't going my way, but I have found that there is nearly always a good side to everything. Sometimes it just requires some conscious effort to try to see a situation from a more positive point of view.
So here are my "turn-arounds" for this week:
1) Having to wait 2 weeks after ovulation to see if I am pregnant
Turn-around: At least I am not a Panda, which only ovulates 1 time per year. I always know I am just weeks away from being able to try again.
2) Hearing my upstairs neighbors as they walk across the floor at all hours of the night
Turn-around: If I can hear them, they can probably hear me, so they are only a loud shout away if anything bad happens.
3) I left a container of yogurt in my car months ago and still cannot get the smell out, no matter what I've tried
Turn-around: I get to spend a lot of time at the candle store buying air fresheners and deodorizers... and I LOVE the candle store
4) My husband left me alone to go on a business trip. He's back now but I missed him quite desperately (and slept with the bathroom light on because I was scared!).
Turn-around: It can be really nice to do what I want to do when I want to do it and not worry about him. I got so much reading and sewing done!
5) My hair decided this morning it was going to be rebellious and turned into a crazy mop by the time I reached work
Turn-around: God created hair clips and ponytails
Please share your own turn-around from this week in a comment!