Friday, February 15, 2013

Spring Fashion and Adding Femininity to my Wardrobe

I am so ready for Spring to be here! I enjoy winter for short periods of time, but I just cannot wait for flowers, and sunshine, and open windows!

Several years ago I was a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. I never really bought anything with embellishment on it, but I wore things WAY too tight and WAY to revealing. Luckily I am now and child of God, and I have come to the realization that God made me to be both feminine and modest. Modesty is an attitude, we know, not just a way of dress. But I believe that God does not intend for modesty to be drab. God creates beautiful things too, and I believe it is possible to have a modest spirit while still allowing your God-given beauty and femininity to shine through. (For more on these topics, you can check out these past posts: How to Deal with Modesty Nay-sayers (aka, what is modesty) and Allowing yourself to be feminine.

I have come to rejoice in my femininity in the last few years, and I have decided to venture out a bit from my denim (now skirts) and t-shirts and really freshen up my wardrobe. Nothing has given me motivation like this coming Spring has! I am looking forward to brighter colors, feminine accessories, and trying more feminine hairstyles.

I have been scouring the resale shops and my own wardrobe for new feminine, colorful skirts to brighten up my wardrobe:
 
Here are some other Spring ideas and inspiration I have gathered from Pinterest (you can follow me HERE) and will be keeping my thrifty eye out for:
Link
Link
Link
Link
I am also keeping my eyes peeled for more feminine accessories. I am terrible at accessorizing normally, so I am really looking for thrifty options
Pretty feminine jewelry at this Etsy shop!
Link
Link
Link
I'm also going to try to work with my hair a bit more to try new things, and perhaps use some hair accessories
Link

Link
Link

I'll keep you updated on how I do with injecting a bit more femininity into my wardrobe in the coming months:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!