Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Birthday clothes and a surprising message

My husband took me shopping at H&M yesterday for clothes. Since I almost always buy used, this was a very big treat for me. And my sweet husband was such a trooper and didn't complain once while I looked at everything in the store.

I am always on the lookout for more modest clothing options, and to my dismay, many of the clothes were sheer! Is that the fashion these days?

Here are 2 of the shirts I got (the third one is a yellow button-up and is already in the wash). The orange shirt is sheer on the top but will be perfect when layered with another modest tee.
 I also am always on the lookout for shoes that will work well with skirts. It can actually be a little difficult to get shoes that don't look too clunky that are not ballerina flats. I saw these shoes on Pinterest several weeks ago and have been on the lookout ever since for a simple pair of shoes that tie but are not too clunky for skirts. (These particular shoes are no longer available for purchase)
I found these shoes at H&M and although they are not the same as the ones above (sigh), I think they will go just as nicely with my skirts this spring. And I love the feminine lace!
I was also on the lookout for pretty feminine accessories, particularly hair accessories. I ended up going to Forever 21 to find these pretty feminine headbands. If you have never noticed, the bottom of Forever 21's bag have a surprising little message on them

That's right, who would guess their bags would have John 3:16 printed on the bottom! For that reason alone I like to stop in there now and again. I am very excited about my pearl headband from there in particular.

So that was my birthday and I am one happy and blessed lady!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful choices! :) And yes, i've seen women out in COMPLETELY sheer blouses with only a bra underneath... I think to myself, why even bother wearing a shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of crazy trends out there these days in my opinion. One of them being lots of crazy "cuts" like things are supposed to be baggy and asymmetrical or something. Anyway, I'm not much of a fan. You found some cute stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!