Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Husband's Favorite Recipe: Savory Chicken Tacos

I often joke that I am only really good at making about a dozen different meals, but the truth is that my husband often asks for me to make the same ones over and over again. If it were up to him, we would eat this recipe every day for lunch and dinner. He LOVES it, and I do to. AND it is super easy; win win!

I got this recipe after we had it at a friend's house, and my husband begged me to get the recipe from her. Now I make it once every 2 weeks or so.

Savory Chicken Tacos
 2 lbs chicken (cooked and shredded)
12 oz (or 1 package) frozen steamable rice (I get brown rice)
1 can black beans (drained)
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup shredded quesadilla cheese (I often substitute cheddar)
1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes (salsa style is best if you can find it)
16 oz verde enchilada sauce
1 package taco shells or tortillas
sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 450. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. 
Mix all the ingredients listed above except taco shells and sour cream into a large bowl. Spread evenly into baking dish. 
Bake at 450 for 20 minutes or until bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into taco shells or tortillas and serve with sour cream.

Super easy and delicious. I promise you will love it. Also, be sure to let it sit for 5 minutes after taking it out of the over, or else it might be too "soupy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!