Friday, August 8, 2014

My Fitness Goals: Week 2

Well, week 1 is officially over. This week was also full of some ups and downs with the little one as I settled her into a new routine. But, there are no excuses!

As a quick reminder, here are the long-term goals I am hoping to achieve:
-Lose 21 pounds --- (remaining pregnancy weight + additional 5 pounds I gained after miscarriage)
-Get my wedding ring back on! :( I can't wait for this one
-Go to the gym at least 3 times per week every week
-Go to Body Pump class --- I've seen this class at my gym and have always wanted to do it, but I was too chicken!
-Do 25 regular push-ups every day
-Do 30 lunges on each leg every day
-Do 100 squats every day

This week, my goals were:
-Lose 1-2lbs
-Get new workout shoes --- mine are several years old and gave me a blister when I went for a walk the other day :(
-After blister heals, go for a 2 mile walk with Victoria every day
-Complete week one of diastasis workout --- This is a precautionary workout I am doing to slowly get my abs back into gear after all that stretching they did.
-Do 25 modified pushups every day (THIS POST does a great job really showing you how to do one correctly, as well as some of the modified versions. I'm starting with the first modified version and will eventually move to the second)
-Do 15 lunges on each leg every day
-Do 30 squats every day 

Soooo.....

How did I do?

-I lost 1 pound. Would have been nice to lose 2, but I'll take it. Just 20 more to go!
-I got new workout shoes! Little Victoria joined me on a shopping excursion and proved herself to be the perfect shopping companion
Just look at those cheeks!
 Anyway, I managed to find the perfect pair of shoes, and they were 30% off
my vehicles for getting into shape

-I did not go for a single 2 mile walk this week. My husband worked A TON this week so I have had my hands full....which really isn't a good excuse
-I did complete week one of the diastasis workout. Although I didn't do it every day, it has become easy to complete so I'm comfortable moving on to week 2
-I did the required amount of pushups, lunges, and squats 4 days this week. My legs were properly sore most of the time.

SO now on to my goals for this week. I hope to come back next Friday and report I completed ALL of them in full!

-Lose 1-2 pounds
-Go for 3 two mile walks (I'm attempting to put something I really will have time to achieve)
-Do week 2 of diastasis workout
-Do 30 modified pushups every day -- until my abs are completely healed via the diastasis workout, I am doing modification 1 from THIS POST)
-Do 18 lunges on each side every day
-Do 40 squats every day

Do you have any fitness goals you are working toward? What are your fitness goals for the week? 
 

2 comments:

  1. Because you post about modest dressing, I hope it's ok to ask, what do you wear to the gym or a fitness class? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I'm impressed with the shopping alone, I still haven't managed to go shopping alone with my daughter, I have to have my husband or my mother with me to help me because the little one refuses to sleep when I'd like her to :D The fact you've managed the squats, push-ups, lunges and ab workout is really impressive and you've inspired me to emulate you :) I hope you don't mind if I follow your exact plan. I'm not going to be as successful as you, I'm afraid, but your dedication might shame me into applying myself! :)

    I hope your second week goes at least as well as the first one, but don't be too hard on yourself!

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!