Friday, August 15, 2014

My Fitness Goals: Week 2

Well, I'm 2 weeks into this challenge of accomplishing my fitness goals, and I feel like I've been run over by a truck. I wish I could say it was because of all the hard fitness activities I've been doing, but it has in fact been because of life.

This last weekend my husband and I attempted our first little trip of the Summer. My family owns a cottage in Buffalo, New York, and we decided to make the 5 hour drive to spend 4 days there with my mom and her husband. It was a test run to see how Victoria does with car travel, and let me tell you the trip was a complete.....

FAILURE!

We discovered that Victoria gets car sick like her mama, and rear-facing carseats don't help with that. Not only that, I had to pretty much spend the entire weekend with her in the guest room, as she would only nap if I was there with her. Then we returned home to more days of my husband working second shift to support his coworkers.

Oy vey.

So I am warning you, not as much happened this week fitness-wise as I wanted.

On a bright note, my husband and stepdad went fishing and were quite successful. Yay for stocked freezers!

As a quick reminder, here are the long-term fitness goals I am hoping to achieve:
-Lose 21 pounds --- (remaining pregnancy weight + additional 5 pounds I gained after miscarriage)
-Get my wedding ring back on! :( I can't wait for this one
-Go to the gym at least 3 times per week every week
-Go to Body Pump class --- I've seen this class at my gym and have always wanted to do it, but I was too chicken!
-Do 25 regular push-ups every day
-Do 30 lunges on each leg every day
-Do 100 squats every day

This weeks goals and results were:
Goal -Lose 1-2 pounds
Result -I lost 2 pounds this week and I actually don't know how.... don't you hate when someone says that? I ate a ridiculous amount of cookies and junk food while on vacation and now I am somehow 2 pounds lighter. We can only call it's disappearance a miracle.

Goal -Go for 3 two mile walks
Result -I went for 1 walk. I think I'm just going to have to come up with another alternative....

Goal -Do week 2 of diastasis workout
Result -I did this and am feeling good. My abs feel stronger already

Goal -Do 30 modified pushups every day
Result -I completed this 5 days this week

Goal -Do 18 lunges on each side every day
Result -I completed this 4 days this week

Goal -Do 40 squats every day
Result -I completed this 5 days this week

Ok so I didn't tooooooo horribly, but I hope to do much better on my goals for this week. As Miss Stacey in Ann of Green Gables says "tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet".

This week's goals are:
-Lose 1-2 pounds
-Go to the gym at least once and complete a cardio workout
-Do week 3 of diastasis workout
-Do 35 modified pushups every day -- (until my abs are completely healed via the diastasis workout, I am doing modification 1 from THIS POST)
-Do 20 lunges on each side every day
-Do 50 squats every day

Do you have any fitness goals you are working toward? What are your fitness goals for the week? 

Have you taken your little one on vacation and lived to regret it?

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad - the longest 'journey' I've dared to make with my 3-month-old is a 20 minute drive to the shops :D We were invited to a birthday celebration two hours away just this past weekend but we declined because my baby only nurses when she's sleeping which makes travelling impractical!

    As for your fitness challenge, you're still doing very well - that you find time for it at all is impressive IMO. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!