Friday, May 20, 2016

5 things I am loving right now

Well hello friends! Lots of fun things are happening over here, namely growing babies, training puppies, and lots of planning!

In the midst of all the busy-ness of life right now, here are 5 things I am really loving right now.

This little girl is definitely high on the list! Miss Victoria will be 2 years old in a month, and I'm not sure if I am ready for it! I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone by. Here she is with her hair in a ponytail (she tolerated that for all of 3 minutes) and carrying her entourage around. She LOVES her collection of stuffed animals in her bed (I think there has to be 10 of them), and she knows each of their names. Here she is with this week's favorites: Woof, Mimi, and Puppy.

This guy is also pretty high on the list of things I'm loving right now
He finished a Tough Mudder race 2 weeks ago: 10 miles of running with 22 obstacles along the way. I am just so proud of him for finishing something that he has wanted to do for years. Victoria and I trekked the spectator path and came away so exhausted, you would have though WE were the ones who ran the race. Let me tell you, carting a 30 pound toddler around muddy fields for 6 hours while pregnant with twins is not easy! But it was so worth it to cheer on my husband and watch him accomplish one of his goals.

I am also loving this Aden+Anais Dream Blanket I gave to Victoria for her 1st birthday last year. My friend had this big soft blanket for her son, and I thought it would be perfect for Victoria to get used to using a blanket. She loves it, especially when I hold her in my lap and wrap it around us.

The print is so pretty in person (Once Upon a Time), so much so, that I've decided to design her big girl bedroom around it. I use the word "design" loosely here, as I don't plan to do a whole lot more than paint, hang curtains, and put up a few simple decorations. But it is pretty exciting to put together a girlie room after doing a gender-neutral nursery.

Pregnancy has the ability to make you feel both in awe of and super self-conscious of your body all at the same time! I know the importance of gaining weight with twins, and I've been working hard on that, but it is tough to watch the scale numbers go up and my body change when I look in the mirror. Those old vanity issues come creeping up!

Which is why one of the things I am loving right now is makeup. Is that horrible? I took this photo and sent it to my husband to say good morning the other day.
Such a cute photo of me and Victoria, but when I looked at it the first time I thought "Oh goodness, I have got to pull myself together a little". My husband is such a sweet man, and he tells me I am beautiful no matter what, but he deserves to have a wife who at least tries to look nice!

So literally 5 minutes of makeup and hair straightening later, I was able to send him this photo and feel a little more "me" in the midst of the pregnancy body insecurity.

I have started listening to a new station on Pandora, and I'm really loving it.
I like to think of it as broadening my musical horizons. I am not one to usually listen to Bluegrass, but I've been enjoying it so much. I especially like every time they play a song from this cd collection, which I may need to purchase soon. I've been trying to get into the habit of listening to worship music throughout the day, and I always come away very encouraged after listening to this station.

What is something you are loving right now? I'd love for you to share!


1 comment:

  1. I've been reading along but never have the opportunity to write what I'm thinking.... and so excited by all your news these last few months... Twins!!! What an amazing miracle. The Lord is so good. You look fabulous and I hope you remember that always. I know for sure how easy it is to not feel you are beautiful when you are growing a baby but you are the only one who thinks that way. I love that you did the before and after picture too because it really makes a huge difference in the way you feel and the way you go about your day to take. Ages minutes to dress and fix your hair and face and it's not so very hard!

    Victoria is growing up so much, too. How does time fly so quickly?

    Big hugs, friend.

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!