Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Cookie Baking Day

Several years ago I asked my mom if we could do a Christmas cookie baking day together with other women in our family. That was the start of an annual tradition which many women I know look forward to every year. We select one day and bake from 9am until we drop! We select a few favorite recipes and a few new recipes to make, and people come and go as they are able to. My mom and I are usually the only ones there from the beginning to the end.

This year, we had our best year yet. Every recipe we made turned out very yummy, and we had lots of involvement and help from friends and family who came by throughout the day.

We also have bought fun Christmas aprons over the years from thrift stores just for this special day
We're ready to begin!

Me and my mama. Oh, and my apron got lots of laughs!
Our coordination was seamless!

mmmmmm

Divorce is terrible, but I am so happy that divorce brought me my two little sisters, and they come over to my mom's house (they are my dad's daughters) for cookie day every year. I just love that it brings everyone together

My nephews played outside all day (note the red noses?) and came inside now and again to "quality control test" the cookies

Some of the cookies we made: Oatmeal cinnamon chip, raspberry peach filling cookies, chocolate dipped pretzels, peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss in the middle, pistacio cranberry, "poor" turtles (usa a pecan to push a slightly melted rolo into a pretzel), molasses cookies, and peppermint meltaways. 

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful time. I used to be invited to my best friend's family cooking making session each year. I still treasure those memories made with such good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful time of fellowship! Love those kinds of days! :)

    Blessings,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!