Wednesday, May 1, 2013

30-Day Husband Encouragement Challenge

I absolutely love the Revive Our Hearts ministry, and I saw their 30-day Husband Encouragement Challenge on another blog I follow, where the blog author has challenged her readers to get in on the challenge with her.

I know, I know, you are all wondering what such a sweet, perfect little wife like me could possible need with an encouragement challenge. Oh wait... you weren't thinking that? Yeah me neither. I saw this and thought "this is exactly what I need!" 

My husband is a great man, and I have nothing to complain about! Except that I do.... somehow I manage to find things to complain about, fight about, and nag about. We have a wonderful marriage, and I still look over and him daily and think of lucky I am to be with him. But I still need to learn to be more encouraging and less negative towards him. I know that if I need help putting my complaining and nagging aside and being more encouraging to my husband, there has to be other women who need it too.

I'm crazy about him, and he should be able to see it in my actions and words
 So I'd like to encourage you all to join me and the other ladies around the globe who will be doing this 30 day challenge. I am starting this tomorrow, May 2nd, so it will go all the way through the end of the month. You are welcome to join me tomorrow or skip ahead to be on schedule with the ladies at the other blog, who all started the challenge today.

This is a God-send for me, as I have been praying a lot recently about being a more uplifting and encouraging wife. Sometimes it becomes so easy to see the one thing someone does wrong and overlook the dozen things they do right. I am also very outspoken, so spending a month keeping some of my negative comments inside will be a very big test of character for me.

They saw you should encourage 10 times more than you criticize..... I have a lot of work to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!