Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy 2nd Birthday Victoria Rose!

I still can't believe my little girl is 2 years old already.
On Sunday I gave her lots of extra hugs and snuggles and kept thinking "This is the last time I get to hold her as a 1 year old!".

I know, dramatic much? Those pregnancy hormones know how to get me every time!
Victoria is still tall at 36" tall and 30 pounds, and she wears 3T clothing (although I can see 4T coming on fast!).

She is a creature of habit, and loves to stick to a schedule (but then, I think most children do well with a schedule). She wakes up and immediately wants things to happen in a certain order for the next hour (which sometimes just doesn't happen). She loves to help me clean and will sometimes follow after me straightening things as she goes (today she made sure to properly close all the kitchen cabinets I was opening to put away dishes). She also likes to help me put the rugs back down after cleaning the floors, and spends a good couple minutes making sure they are perfectly straight and lined up.

Her stuffed dog "Woof" is her absolute favorite, and she likes to narrate life to her, making sure to instruct Woof on everything from how to be nice, to how to wash hands, to how to go potty.
We also cannot leave the house without her saying goodbye to Woof and making sure to reassure her that we will be coming back soon.

And speaking of the potty, Miss Victoria has been potty trained since 19 months!

She loves to sing, and I hear her serenading her baby dolls with Amazing Grace, Jesus Loves me, or the ABCs all the time before she puts them to sleep.
On top of it all, this little girl is so. much. fun! She loves to play around and has a huge laugh that gets everyone around her laughing.

I love this little girl so much. We decided to keep things pretty simple for her birthday, and just a invited a couple friends over for dinner and cake on her actual birthday (June 20th). I have a tendancy to take on too much and make things bigger than I should, especially when I am pregnant and exhausted. So I am excited to have this fun simple party for her.

We bought her a few books and a used tricycle for her birthday. She still can't quite grasp the concept of pedaling the tricycle on her own (basically she just wants daddy to push her), but she still loves it.

Happy Birthday Victoria Rose!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, such a sweet post! Happy Birthday, Miss Victoria! Can't believe our little ones are growing up so fast! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to fellowship with others and hear what they have to say. I would ask, however, that you be mindful of what you write and try to be uplifting and respectful. Thank you for sharing!